Guardian Ballers – Privacy Notice
Guardian Ballers CIC are committed to processing personal information about its customers in ways that comply with its legal and regulatory obligations, and to being clear with customers about what it does with their personal information.
Who are “We”?
In this policy, whenever you see the words ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ or ‘Guardian Ballers CIC, it refers to Guardian Ballers, a Non-profit, Community-Interest-Company (CIC), Registered: 14041987 CIC. (Our ICO registration number is ZB455667).
Guardian Ballers CIC may collect personal information which we receive when:
· you use our website
· you use our services
· you contact us or
· you are a recipient of our services.
We may collect the following types of information:
· your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
· information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
· your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
· your payment information such as credit or debit card details and bank account details.
· you Make an enquiry about our activities, services or products
· you Volunteer with us or apply for a job (including sending us your CV)
· you Make-a-donation, fundraise on our behalf or register for an event
· you are registered as an approved partner or contractor
· Request publications, newsletters or other information from us
· you are a recipient of our training or events we provide.
· You inform us about sensitive information such as your physical or mental health or condition
Special Categories of data
We collect special category data, necessary for the services we provide and to meet legal requirements as an organisation.
Special categories of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. We need to have further justification for collecting, storing and using this type of personal information and we do this with either your consent or as permitted by UK and EU data protection legislation
The special category information we collect includes:
• Medical records and information
• Sexual Orientation
If you are aged 15 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us.
Cookies are small files of letters or numbers downloaded onto a device when users access websites. They are widely used in order to make websites work, for example to make the videos play, or to work more efficiently, as well as to provide service information to the owners of the site.
Gathering information on how a website performs is important for all businesses – the information is critical to understanding how a website is functioning, of the articles and pages that a visitor uses the most and ultimately how the visitor experience can be improved. Many companies will use third party organisations to generate this information, and the data that is collected will be shared with both the website owner and the organisation providing the website analytics, with the analytics provider then using the information for their own data mining purposes. This information is frequently transferred outside of the UK and the European Union.
Why do we collect this information ?
We collect your personal information to:
· provide you with services that you may request from us.
· to allow us to communicate with you
· for necessary administration purposes
· meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
How do we collect this information?
We collect personal information:
· directly from our customers: e.g. when a customer signs up to receive our services or registers on our website
· directly from our supporters; e.g when volunteering, donating or supporting our various fundraising activities
· directly from our partners; e.g grant or commercial funding
· from guests, contractors or visitors
· from publicly available sources: eg. social media (such as LinkedIn), internet services (such as Companies House, company websites etc).
We are committed to keeping your information up to date. If you believe that we have made an error, then please contact us as we have outlined below and we will use reasonable endeavours to correct.
Children need protection where their data is collected and processed. We may collect and process Children’s data as described below:
· For the scheduling and delivery of programmes. When filling out data forms in respect of these, it will include the provision of personal information relating to the child to fulfil our duty of care under the contract and any statutory duties.
We can process Children’s data where it is required for our legitimate interests, the provision of Children’s events, dealing with feedback and complaints based on consent, from the holder of parental responsibility. In those circumstances, we make reasonable efforts to verify such consent.
Keeping your information safe and secure.
Guardian Ballers CIC is committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Third party (Sub-Processor) organisations
For our general day to day data processing activities, we use third party organisations to help us administer and monitor the services we provide:
· for the provision of software services to enable the management of our customers, staff and office administration
· for payroll and financial accounting
· to share newsletters, promotional detail, our news or other information that maybe of interest to you
· to help us improve our services
· for the administration of our website and customer interactions
· for any legal guidance
For full details of the third party suppliers we use, please contact us at the address below.
Access to your personal information is only allowed when required by the law or is required as part our fulfilling our service obligations. We do not, and will never, sell your personal information with other third parties.
How long do we keep personal information ?
We will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as is required to carry out a particular purpose or to meet a particular obligation. If you would like more information on our retention periods, then please contact us, using the details below.
From time to time, we may process your information as part of the day to day running of Guardian Ballers CIC. It is in our interests to ensure that our processes and systems operate effectively in order that we can continue the high quality of service to you.
This may include processing your information to:
· Monitor, maintain and improve our internal processes. We seek to improve the quality of service to you and all our customers.
· To send you news updates
We may send you marketing emails, letting you know about our news and events that we think may be of interest to you. However, we understand that needs and requirements may change, and you may opt out at a later date by writing to us at email@example.com or by selecting ‘unsubscribe’ in the email link. We will not send you information if you’ve asked us not to. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that
we do not have any control over these other websites. Once you have used any of these links to leave our site, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
Access to personal information
We take the management of your information very seriously. Please do contact us if:
· you feel that any information which we may have about you is incorrect
· you want to see what personal information we hold about you (and receive a copy)
· have any queries regarding the accuracy or the processing of your data (including any mis-use or unauthorised use)
· want to withdraw your consent where any processing is based upon consent
If you ever have any concerns that we are not processing your personal information in accordance with the law, please contact us using the email address or postal address as follows:
Guardian Ballers CIC
47A Parkside, Coventry, CV1 2HG
Or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are still concerned, you can contact the Information Commissioners Office at www.ico.org.uk